In this week’s episode, we dive deep into the headlines that are shaping our world and explore how they intersect with the Great Commission. From the UN’s warning of a “great fracture” to geopolitical tensions between Canada and India, we ask: What does this mean for the spread of the gospel? We also shed light on the plight of the deaf community, who are among the largest unreached people groups, and discuss the role of the church in natural disasters, as seen in Morocco. Lastly, we touch on the ongoing persecution of Armenian Christians. Tune in for a biblically grounded take on current events.
Mentioned during the show:
- UN Meeting: A Great Fracture Ahead?
- UN Secretary-General António Guterres warns of rising geopolitical tensions and challenges to global governance. Read more.
- Canada and India: Diplomatic Strains
- Canada expels an Indian diplomat over allegations linking the Indian government to the assassination of a Sikh leader. Read more.
- International Week of the Deaf
- Only 2% of the world’s 70 million Deaf people have access to the Gospel in their sign language. Read more.
- Morocco Earthquake: A Test of Faith and Service
- The Christian community in Morocco grapples with questions of theodicy and service in the wake of a devastating earthquake. Read more.
- Armenian Christians: Persecution in Nagorno-Karabakh
- Tens of thousands of Armenian Christians face existential threats amid a military blockade. Read more.
Did you know that there’s a new addition to the ABWE podcast lineup? Search for Cloud of Witnesses in your favorite app, or visit cloudofwitnessespodcast.com.
Believe in our mission? Support the show at missionspodcast.com/support.
You can also watch The Missions Podcast on ABWE’s YouTube channel: youtube.com/c/abweinternational.
The Missions Podcast is a ministry resource of ABWE. Learn more at abwe.org.
Want to ask a question or suggest a topic? Email email@example.com.